Hydro Excavation Plumbing
Serving Vancouver WA | Portland OR
Hydro excavation has many uses and benefits that make it an excellent option. This new method of excavation uses water to precisely and safely remove soil for a variety of projects, including in the processes of slot trenching, removing debris, accessing underground utilities, and cold weather digging.
Hydro excavation can be used for both commercial and residential properties, and is an incredibly flexible method of excavation. Pacific Plumbing & Drain has the expertise and trained staff to complete all of your hydro excavation projects!
What is Hydro Excavation?
Hydro excavation is a method of trenchless excavation. It involves high pressure water that’s used to break up ground and soil where needed, leaving the rest of the environment undisturbed.
A hydro excavation truck is equipped with two main systems. The primary system used in hydro excavation uses a high-pressure jet to eject water into a carefully selected ground area. This breaks up soil, sediment, and debris so that it can be easily removed. Next, a hydro excavation truck uses a vacuum-powered pipe to collect loose dirt and soil to remove it from the area.
This dual-system of breaking up soil and removing it immediately leaves a cleaner, safer work area and allows for precise movements around utility lines and sensitive plumbing components like drain pipes and water supply lines.
In contrast, conventional excavation methods can be destructive and even dangerous, depending on the utilities, piping, and surfaces involved. Digging into cold ground or ground where utility lines exist always present a risk, but hydro excavation helps to mitigate this risk with its accurate and highly-precise nature. It also leaves your landscape relatively undisturbed!
Ready to Discuss Your Plumbing Project?
Click below, and we’ll call you back in 20 minutes or less!
Types of Hydro Excavation Services
There are several uses for hydro excavation, including:
- Potholing or Daylighting: Hydro excavation can be used to “test” the location of utilities that aren’t marked or known.
- Slot Trenching: When trenches need to be contained and thin, hydro excavation can be used to make precise and narrow trenches.
- Debris Removal: When a precise area needs to be cleaned of debris or material, hydro excavation can dislodge it without disturbing surrounding landscape.
- Exposing Utilities: Because hydro excavation uses water to dig holes, it can be used to expose sensitive utilities that could be damaged with traditional equipment.
- Piling Hole Excavation: Hydro excavation is easier to use when digging piles because it’s precise, fast, and incredibly powerful. Hydro excavation can reach great depths without surrounding landscape being disturbed, as well as digging exact diameter holes.
- Cold Weather Digging: Digging trenches in cold weather is inefficient and typically requires thawing methods. Hydro excavation remains efficient and doesn’t require extra equipment or treatments.
- Small Spaces: When equipment can’t fit into narrow spaces, or the landscaping absolutely cannot be disturbed, hydro excavation is an excellent choice.
Professional and Expert Hydro Excavation
There are no shortage of uses for hydro excavation methods, and many excavation experts recommend it when working in an area where there’s any kind of underground pipes, gas lines, or electrical lines. Hydro excavation can even be used to break up frozen soil, remove difficult to reach debris, or other undesired materials.
If you’d like to use hydro excavation for your next project, contact Pacific Plumbing & Drain. We have the trained and experienced staff necessary to make your hydro excavation project a complete success!
Hydro Excavation IN VANCOUVER WA AND PORTLAND OR
Serving Clients in the Vancouver WA and Portland OR Metro Areas: