Main Sewer Line Replacement
Serving Vancouver WA | Portland OR
Sewer lines are the pipes that take waste away from a building. Integral components of any plumbing system, sewer lines handle everything from water to solid waste and paper. Not all sewer lines are created equal. Some properties use old clay lines that roots can perforate, break, and clog. Copper and PVC pipes can fail due to shifts in the ground or simple wear and tear over time. Materials used decades ago are not up to modern standards, and can deteriorate in disastrous ways.
Pacific Plumbing & Drain offers sewer main line replacement services for every kind of pipe. We offer a full range of commercial and residential plumbing excavation services, and replacing main sewer lines is one of the most important services we provide.
Sewer Line Replacement Services
Ready to Discuss Your Plumbing Project?
Click below, and we’ll call you back in 20 minutes or less!
When do sewer lines need to be replaced?
A clogged main sewer line always warrants a visit from the plumber, but it can be bigger than a single treatment. Clogs can be a sign of a bigger problem, pointing to tree root obstruction or a cracked pipe. Aging sewer lines also need to be replaced periodically in order to prevent problems from developing.
Chronic and major blockages can cause horrible damage, ranging from foul smells to flooded yards. Backed up waste products can cause damage indoors as well, with flooded drains and basements. It’s crucial to have your sewer line inspected regularly, and to have your sewer main line replaced when it experiences major damage.
Here is a brief list of why you may need to replace your sewer lines:
- Broken pipes – When a sewer line becomes corroded, damaged or collapsed, or one section is removed from another, replacement is the best and sometimes only option.
- Chronic blockages – As sewer lines age, they acquire a buildup of grease, foreign objects and other materials. These materials accumulate due to defects in the pipe, which is why replacement is optimal.
- Leaks – Joints and sections of pipe can leak due to frost damage, ground shifts or defects in the line. Replacement is the best option for stopping these leaks.
- Tree roots – Invasive tree roots cause blockages and reveal damaged plumbing. Replacement can halt further damage and recurrent blockages.
- Other issues, such as off-grade lines, offer more reasons to replace the sewer line.
How are sewer lines replaced?
Pacific Plumbing & Drain offers two main methods for sewer main line replacements:
- Excavated Sewer Line Replacement
- Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement
With excavated sewer line replacement, the old sewer line is excavated by hand or with machinery. The line and any problems are removed. The new sewer line is installed, properly graded and functional. This type of replacement typically takes between one to three days to complete.
Trenchless sewer line replacement involves installing new plumbing designed to replace the old, failed sewer main line. This process is quick, requires less work, and often produces excellent results.
Here at Pacific Plumbing & Drain, we want to make sure that your plumbing system remains functioning and efficient. We offer a full range of plumbing services for both commercial and residential customers–give us a call today!
Sewer Main Line Replacement IN VANCOUVER WA AND PORTLAND OR
Serving Clients in the Vancouver WA and Portland OR Metro Areas: