EXCAVATED SEWER LINE REPLACEMENTS
SERVING VANCOUVER WA | PORTLAND OR
SIGNS A SEWER LINE NEEDS TO BE REPLACED
- There are an abundant amount of tree roots that cannot be removed by a professional cable machine
- Severe grease, dirt and oil blockage is restricting the flow
- Soft ground and soil conditions cause the pipe to sink, ending up in a bellied pipe condition
- Years of rust and corrosion have caused the sewer pipe to breakdown and collapse
- Weather conditions, the frozen ground, and settling soil cause pipes to collapse, crack and break
- Leaks in seals and pipe joints aggravated by poor installation methods allow water and sewage seepage
Ready to Discuss Your Plumbing Project?
Click below, and we’ll call you back in 20 minutes or less!
HELPFUL EXCAVATION PROCEDURES THAT ARE USEFUL FOR REPAIRS
Trench excavation is often the most efficient option for sewer line replacements. Excavation is appropriate when there is a line that is less than forty feet long with a burst pipe, and there are minimal landscaping issues. Typical sewer systems made of cast-iron may benefit from utilizing both the traditional excavation and trenchless methods for the replacement of the sewer line.
HOW TO IDENTIFY THE SEWER PIPE’S PROBLEM
To pinpoint the problem within the sewer system, a camera specifically designed for plumbing issues is employed. The camera’s images are transmitted to the camera technician’s computer. For a thorough assessment, a DVD of the inspection is made available for the team and homeowner. A radio transmitter on the camera records the actual depth and location of the blockage within the sewer line.
This information is available with the recording so that the team can assess and plan the excavation and repair. These camera systems eliminate the guesswork of locating the damaged area of the pipe and the need for additional digging.
Depending on the sewer line’s condition and the original piping utilized, repair is possible. If it is just one or several areas of the sewer line that have damage within the line, it may be more effective to replace the entire line. Our excavation experts at Pacific Plumbing & Drain handle it professionally from start to finish to return the home’s sewer line and yard back to its original condition.
Sewer Line Replacement IN VANCOUVER WA AND PORTLAND OR
Serving Clients in the Vancouver WA and Portland OR Metro Areas: