Winterizing Your Home
Serving Vancouver WA | Portland OR
As a homeowner, you know there are many tasks you must take care of and appliances to maintain–and home winterization is one of those. Winterizing your home will help keep your plumbing systems working properly and is a great way to extend their lifespans.
Pacific Plumbing is proud to offer professional home winterization services to homeowners in the Portland and Vancouver metropolitan area. Our team is highly experienced, friendly, and fast. Plus, we offer affordable pricing and 2-hour appointment windows!
Ready to Discuss Your Plumbing Project?
Click below, and we’ll call you back in 20 minutes or less!
Home Winterization Services
It doesn’t take much to get your home ready for winter. We recommend the following for plumbing home winterization:
- Insulate pipes: if water freezes in your pipes, they’ll expand and break the pipe. Consider having a protective insulation wrapped around your pipes to help prevent a pipe burst.
- Cover hose bibs: your hose bibs are your faucets located outside of your house. To help prevent them from bursting, you’ll want to drain them, insulate them with hose bib covers, and then deactivate their shut-off valves.
- Shut off irrigation system: you’ll want to shut off the water supply to your sprinkler system and flush the lines out to help prevent them from freezing.
- Use heat tape on pipes: heat tape, when used properly can be a great way to winterize your plumbing system.
- Service your water heater: If your water heater takes longer than usual to heat or shuts down during a cold snap, you’ll not only be without hot water, but you run the risk of frozen pipes. We recommend you have your water heater serviced, especially if you’ll be leaving your home unattended for quite some time.
- Service your septic tank: leaving a little extra space in your septic tank can be helpful before winter, because it will ensure there is enough space for water to expand if it freezes. Otherwise you could be dealing with a split tank. Before winter hits, have your septic tank pumped and inspected to ensure there are no leaks or cracks.
Experts in Home Winterization
Imagine losing hot water when you need it most during the dead of winter or dealing with a flooded basement. Cold weather can take a toll on your plumbing, especially if they’re left unattended or unprotected. The last thing you should worry about during a cold snap is a plumbing emergency.
We understand winterizing your home can be daunting. Fortunately, Pacific Plumbing and Drain is here to help. We provide home winterization services to homeowners in the Portland OR and Vancouver WA area. We would happily help you winterize your home. Contact us today for an estimate!
Home Winterization IN VANCOUVER WA AND PORTLAND OR
Serving Clients in the Vancouver WA and Portland OR Metro Areas: